Slender SpaMed offers a new, innovative way to remove those stubborn pockets of fat that don’t seem to budge despite proper diet and exercise.
Laser liposuction, or more accurately, laser-assisted liposuction, is just one of the many recent advances in the liposuction procedure. Laser liposuction uses laser energy to heat body fat, turning it semi-soft, which makes it easier to remove. The procedure is typically performed on an outpatient basis under local anesthesia.
Unlike traditional liposuction, laser assisted liposuction gives you better results because it not only eliminates fat but also tightens the skin and will increase collagen production. This procedure gives great results with minimal to no down time, and minimal to no bruising. Most of our patients continue their normal routines the next day.
- How does laser liposuction work?
- As with traditional liposuction, we first inject fluid under the skin in the area where the fat is to be removed. This fluid is made up of a mixture of saline, local anesthetic and epinephrine (which constricts blood vessels and minimizes blood loss). Next, we apply the laser, which destroys the fat with heat. We then suction the fat from the body via cannulas (thin tubes) that we insert through small incisions in the skin.
- What are the advantages of laser liposuction?
- In addition to softening body fat for easy removal, the laser stimulates the production of collagen as it heats the skin cells. Although collagen is the main structural protein found in skin, its production slows as we age. By promoting collagen production, laser energy is believed to not only aid in the removal of fat but also improve the skin’s appearance.
- Are you a candidate for laser liposuction?
- If you are around 20 percent overweight or less, you are probably a good candidate. (The procedure is not a solution for obesity). Also, if you are in good physical condition and have good muscle tone, you will likely respond well to the procedure because your muscles will provide the underlying support for the tissues.
To find out if laser liposuction is right for you, schedule your free consultation with Slender SpaMed today!