If sit-ups, diet and a regular exercise routine have failed to give you the flat stomach you’ve always wanted, the surgeons at Slender SpaMed are here to help. Through a procedure known as mini-abdominoplasty (mini-tummy tuck), we can remove fat, tighten skin, and improve the appearance of your abdominal area.
The Mini-Abdominoplasty (Mini-Tummy Tuck) Procedure
Mini-abdominoplasty involves the use of liposuction as required to re-shape the abdomen. Your surgeon then removes the lower abdominal skin through a traverse lower abdominal incision, which is typically shorter than the incision used for full abdonimoplasty. Finally, we close the incision with sutures (stitches) to allow your body to heal.
This simple procedure can produce dramatic results without requiring surgical drains or a pain pump. Recovery time is quicker and there are fewer risks involved than with full abdominoplasty.
- Benefits of mini-abdominoplasty
- Significantly less invasive than a full abdominoplasty
- Significantly less scaring (No scar around the belly button and no draining scar)
- Open to a wider range of patients
- Mini-Abdominoplasty Recovery
- As with any surgery, there is a recovery period, but patients are usually released within a few hours. Most patients return to work within two weeks of the procedure. Activities such as heavy lifting and strenuous exercise should be avoided for the first few weeks. However, we encourage patients to resume walking and other light exercise as soon as possible as this helps speed the recovery process.
During your free consultation, we will discuss your goals and expectation, and answer any questions you may have. Although this procedure is not right for everyone, many patients are completely satisfied by the results.
Find out if mini-abdominoplasty is right for you. Schedule your free consultation with Slender SpaMed today.