The hCG diet is unlike any other diet on the market. It’s easy. Most patients don’t feel hungry. It’s natural. It’s medically supervised. And it actually delivers on its promises –that’s why Slender SpaMed stands behind the program. We carry the hCG injections and the sublingual drops.
When combined with Very Low Calorie Diet, hCG allows you to lose a significant amount of weight quickly and permanently. (You will lose one to two pounds per day.) While there is no magic bullet, hCG, combined with a low calorie diet and the right exercise program, has proven time and again to help patients reach their weight loss goals.
- What is hCG?
- Human chorionic gonadotrophin (hCG) is a naturally occurring hormone that is produced by the placenta shortly after the embryo implants in the uterus during pregnancy. Thanks to this hormone, the fetus can feed off the mother’s fat cells during periods of nutritional distress.
- How Does hCG Help You Lose Weight?
- When hCG is introduced, it causes the hypothalamus to release thousands of kcals/day of abnormal fat reserves (the fat cells deposited in the abdomen, hips, thighs and buttocks). These fat stores are different from normal fat reserves, which the body normally uses for energy. During pregnancy, the fetus can tap into these reserves without harming the mother.
- By understanding how hCG works in pregnant women, we can combine the use of this hormone with a calorie restrictive diet during non-pregnancy times. This results in the loss of a large amount of weight in a short period of time –without any hardship to your wellbeing.
- The HCG actually releases 1500-4000 calories per day into the bloodstream. This is the ONLY reason why it is okay to eat based on a 500 calorie diet. This release of fat/calories into the blood stream is also why people taking the HCG are generally not hungry and generally have plenty of energy.
- Best of all, current research shows that your resting metabolic rate (RMR) increases after a round of hCG. This explains why such a large number of patients are able to maintain their weight loss unlike the majority of individuals who have tried other popular weight loss methods.
- Slender SpaMed carried the injections and the drops to start you on the hCG diet plan. The program is medically supervised to ensure that you lose weight safely and effectively.
VERY LOW CALORIE DIET
A Very Low Calorie Diet, also known as a protein-sparing modified fast is a restricted eating plan used to maximize weight loss. The plan uses nutritional supplements (shakes, puddings, soups and bars) that replace grocery food intake. In some cases, a VLCD may include supplements plus one meal. A VCLD is generally limited to 800 calories a day or less.
- Is VLCD safe?
- Under proper medical supervision, VLCDs produce significant weight loss in patients who are moderately to extremely obese. This type of diet has been in use for decades and has been endorsed NH’s Weight Loss Information Network and the American Council of Medicine.
- How do I know if this program is right for me?
- Very Low Calorie Diets are designed for patients over 30 (or over 27 with other medical conditions) and at least 30 to 40 pounds overweight.
- What kind of results can I expect?
- VCLD delivers rapid weight loss –typically three to four pounds per week, for an average of 42 pounds in 12 weeks. Your results will depend on many factors including starting weight, other medical conditions, and individual program design.
- Does the program offer other benefits besides weight loss?
- The many potential health benefits include lower blood pressure, lower blood-sugar levels in people with type-2 diabetes, lower serum cholesterol, improved cardiovascular health, and reduced pain in weight-bearing joints. Weight loss with a VCLD can reduce or eliminate the need for related medications. Self-esteem and energy can also soar dramatically!
To find out if the hCG/Very Low Calorie Diet is right for you, schedule your free consultation with a nutritionist at Slender SpaMed today.
If you have general questions about Slender Spa Med, please use the contact form. If you have specific medical questions, or would like to request or share medical information, please call our Duluth or Roswell location.