Fat Transfer Surgery in Atlanta
While exercise and maintaining a healthy weight are the best ways to improve your appearance, fat transfer surgery is another way to enhance your looks. Body fat is often unevenly distributed due to genetics, and as we age, we begin to lose volume in specific areas like the face and hands. In these cases, fat transfers and fat injections may help enhance your appearance. For over 100 years, fat transfers have been used to fill in facial flaws such as hollow cheeks, sunken eyes, or indented scars. Today, fat transfers, also known as fat grafting, are used to augment many other areas of the body.
Fat injections for your entire body
Fat transfer surgery can be used to enhance many parts of your body. The procedure can be used for the following:
- Natural breast augmentation: In this procedure, fat is grafted from different parts of your body and injected into your breast area for augmentation. This is the perfect option for women looking for fuller breasts, while keeping a natural look.
- Increasing the buttock (Brazilian Butt Lift): During a Brazilian Butt Lift treatment, your fat is grafted and separated and the best fat cells are injected back into your body. The fat injected into your buttocks provides flattering lift, contour, and shape to your backside.
- Fillers for the hands and face: To rejuvenate older and aging hands, your fat is grafted and injected into the areas you would like to look fuller. Hand and facial rejuvenation can result in features that look fuller, smoother, and younger.
- Male pec augmentation: Looking to repair muscle tears or improve the appearance of your chest? With a fat transfer treatment to your pecs, you will repair your muscles and be left with a natural and healthy-looking chest.
- Calf and tricep fat transfer: For those looking to reshape and define their calves and triceps, fat grafting in these areas may be the perfect solution. Unwanted fat is taken from your own body and injected into your calves or triceps to create a more defined appearance.
The fat grafting procedure
A fat transfer is a simple procedure that can be completed in three steps:
- Antiseptic and topical anesthesia are applied to two areas: the location where the fat will be removed (donor site) and the treated area where the fat will be injected.
- The fat cells are harvested from the donor site through liposuction.
- The fat cells are processed, purified, mixed with your own plasma rich platelets and Selphyl (acts as a fertilizer to ensure growth), and then injected beneath the skin in the targeted area. By using a patient’s own plasma rich platelets and Selphyl the fat survival rate increases dramatically.
Advantages and disadvantages of fat transfers
A fat transfer, or fat grafting, involves your own fat cells, which means that the procedure is biocompatible and may help reduce the risk of allergic reaction or rejection. Body fat transfers also look and feel more natural than a body implant. In order to do a successful fat transfer injection, you must have an area on your body that has not been previously liposuctioned and you must have enough fat to harvest for the transfer. Your surgeon can determine this in a free consultation.
Interested in finding out more about our fat transfer service, please reach out to one of our offices by calling:
*Individual results may vary.